There are a number of different ways to search for data in the Adaptable Blotter:
- Quick Search: Search across all columns using a simple text search (includes wildcards like ">").
- Advanced Search: Saveable multiple-column search facility including a huge array of ranges and search criteria.
- Quick Filter Bar: A textbox below the Column Header that allows you to quickly search in a column (includes wildcards like ">").
- Column Filters: A filter panel available as a dropdown from the Column Header which allows you to perform complex filtering for a particular column. Can be saved as User Filters.
- User Filters: Column Filters which have been named and saved and so are usable across multiple functions that use queries (like Conditional Styles, Reports or Advanced Search)
- Named Filters: Named Filters are provided by users at design-time and include a custom Predicate function that is run each time the filter is applied
- Data Source Selector: A list of Data Sources provided at run-time (e.g. books, stored procs); when one is selected an event is fired that you can listen to and then populate the Blotter with data via the API.