There are a number of different ways to edit data in the Adaptable Blotter:
- Smart Edit: Update contiguous numeric cells using a mathmatical operation (e.g. Multiply, Divide, Add, Subtract).
- Bulk Update: Update contiguous cells in a column to all contain the same value - can be existing or new column value.
- Shortcut: Avoid fat finger issues and speed up / automate data entry for numeric and date columns.
- Plus / Minus: Set up "nudge" rules for numeric columns to respond when the "+" or "-" keys are pressed.
- Cell Validation: Create rules to prevent (or show warnings) when particular cell edits take place. These will run on the client.
- Server Validation: Provide a function (and promise) that wil check edits and return a validation response (with optional message and replacement value).
- Edit Dropdowns: List which columns will automatically show a dropdown (select) when editing and optionally provide the values which it displays.