One advanced Alert option is to to trigger Alerts in response to Observable Queries.
An Observable Query watches for changes (or lack of changes) in data that match a particular pattern (and uses advanced Rx techniques to trigger an Alert).
There are 2 functions available in an Observable Query:
- ROW_CHANGE: listens to changes in each row (or those that match the WHERE clause)
- GRID_CHANGE: listens to changes in the whole grid.
Both these functions take 2 parameters:
- Change function: What needs to change to trigger the Observable. Can be any of: COUNT, MIN, MAX or NONE.
- Timeframe: Defines the period in which the changes will be observed. Can be set in Seconds, Minutes or Hour
The Observable Query can additionally have a WHERE clause which will limit the number of rows which are observed.
In this demo we have provided 2 Observable Expression:
- ROW_CHANGE( COUNT( [ItemCount], 3) , TIMEFRAME('5m') )
Triggers if Item Count in a Row changes 3 times within a 5 minute timeframe
Try it yourself: Click the Increase Item Count button which will update the 'Item Count' value in the first row; once it is clicked 3 times, the Info Alert will be triggered.
- ROW_CHANGE( MAX( [OrderCost] ), TIMEFRAME('1h') ) WHERE [CustomerReference] = 'TRADH'
Triggers when the Order Cost f is the highest value it has been within the last hour - for rows where the Cust Ref. is 'TRADH'
Try it yourself: Click the Increase Order Cost button which will update the 'Order Cost' value in the second row; as it updates it will trigger the Success Alert